The Department of Rural and Community Development €5m Innovate Together Charity Fund deadline is next Wednesday, 27th May 2020.
‘Innovate Together’ is a collaboration between Government, philanthropists and social innovations. The Fund is supported by a commitment of €5 million from the Department of Rural and Community Development through the support of the Dormant Accounts Fund.
Applicants must come from an entity that has a ‘not for profit’ legal form for example, a charity or voluntary organisation that have either increased, adapted or created a new innovative product/service in response to problems caused by the COVID-19.
- Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 5pm.
- Over the next five months there will be three rounds of the Innovate Together Fund:
- Round One open call (13th May 2020 – 27th May 2020)
- Round Two open call in June 2020
- Round Three open call in September 2020
Who can apply?
The Fund will seek applications from projects with a focus on innovative responses to the Covid-19 crisis that will also be part of the “new normal”. :
- Enabling online education: providing primary and post-primary school students with access to technology hardware and any other necessary supports.
- Youth mental health interventions: delivering services in new ways or offering new types of services (intervention and prevention).
- Circular economy: solutions for the efficient re-use and recycling of materials.
- Improving food security: increasing independent food production for Ireland and reducing food imports.
- New ways of working remotely: our new ways of working are here to stay and innovations are needed to smooth the transition from office to working at home.
- Community outreach: finding new ways to reach and support vulnerable and marginalised groups.
- Re-skilling our workforce: with the shift in our economy and the potential closure of businesses, there is a need for re-training and re-education of workers.
- Physical health: online medical and physical health innovations.
What do successful applications get?
- Cash grants starting at €20,000, grants may not be used to pay off debts or purchase vehicles, land or buildings.
- A business supports package
- A place on an online Accelerator Programme, which will be conducted through webinars
- Project performance management
How to apply if meet the conditions:
Apply online: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/innovate_together
More information: http://www.socialinnovation.ie/innovate-together/
How RBK can help:
If you need any further assistance in relation to the Innovate Together Fund, contact Evelyn Smyth, Senior Manager Audit & Business Advisory, on (090) 6480600.