Charities & Not-for-Profit
Charities in Ireland operate in a regulated environment governed by the Charities Regulatory Authority. At RBK, we have amassed a wealth of experience dealing with the many accounting and financial reporting issues faced by both small and medium sized charities and large national organisations. We provide audit, financial reporting, tax and advisory services to help your organisation fulfil its legal and statutory obligations and to support your board and senior management.
Audit & Financial Reporting
Our audit and financial reporting services include:
- Access to experienced professionals with specialist expertise in the charities and not-for-profit sector
- Independent assessment and full auditing services. For each audit we undertake, we provide a team of accountants with relevant sector experience led by a partner. While statutory requirements inevitably shape our audit reporting, our teams go that bit further to deliver the very best service
- Preparation of your financial statements in accordance with the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP)
- Assurance that your organisation’s restricted reserves are appropriately identified and adequately disclosed
Our team adopts a friendly approach, while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and adherence to technical standards.
Board and Senior Management Support
Your board is responsible for ensuring that your organisation adopts and implements an appropriate framework and strategy to meet its legal and compliance obligations.
Drawing on our detailed knowledge of the charity sector, RBK will assist your board and senior management by:
- Creating or reviewing your Mission Statement and advising on how to embed it in your organisation
- Advising on steps required to meet your legal and ethical obligations including compliance with the requirements of the Charities Act, Charities Regulatory Authority, Code of Good Practice for Fundraising and other relevant guidelines and best practice
- Supporting your Chief Executive in his/her work to achieve your organisation’s goals
- Advising on effective planning
- Monitoring your charity's financial performance against budget and providing accurate up to date financial information
- Assisting with the preparation of your Directors/Trustees Reports
- Advising on charity and corporate taxation, including long term tax planning, tax efficient fundraising, VAT and HR issues.
- Advising on the integration of your organisation’s software applications.
At RBK, adding value is a key a part of what we do. With impending changes in the charities sector, we keep our clients informed. If you would like to join our mailing list and/or to discuss how RBK can assist your organisation, please contact a member of our team.
What Clients Say...
As a national voluntary organisation, The Carers Association, require a flexible and supportive approach in the professional services it receives. RBK provide a such a service, adapting to the needs of our growing organisation and ensuring the advice we receive is timely, relevant and appropriate to our needs.
- Mary Conway, The Carers Association
Friday, 1st April 2016.
A reminder that the deadline for registration of charities with the Charities Regulatory Authority is 16th April 2016.
Tuesday, 29th January 2013.
The Minister of Justice, Equality and Law Reform has just announced the Consultation Paper on the Implementation of the Charities Act 2009.…