My Account - Revenue Log-In

As a lead up to the Paye Modernisation all employees are being encouraged to log onto the Revenue Website and register for My Account. The old Form 12A is now officially obsolete and employees registering their first jobs must do so on line. Employers should encourage all existing employees and new employees to register immediately if not already registered. 

MyAccount – Revenue Log in 

MyAccount is a new service on the Revenue website which enables all employees to carry out various tasks online such as changing their tax credits, changing employments, claiming tax refunds etc. All Employers should encourage their employees both new and existing to register as soon as possible and become familiar with the service as the Revenue Commissioners are directing more of the Paye administration back to the employees themselves. 

The Revenue Commissioners will not accept instructions from Employers or Accountants in relation to queries on employees tax certificates due to Data Protection Issues. The Form 12A used by employees registering with the Revenue Commissioners for the first time are now obsolete and the employees must register their first employment via MyAccount. You the employer must advise new employees of your Employer registration number to enable them register their employment with you. 

Attached link to the Revenue Web site. 


Individuals who have set up a basic MyGovID account can request their PRSI contribution statement on MyWelfare which will be posted out to them. They can also access a copy of their PRSI contribution statement online but they must have a verified MyGovID account at MyWelfare

In order to have a verified MyGovID account, the individual needs to hold a Public Services Card and have their mobile phone number verified in an Intreo Office.

For further details on Revenue - MyAccount, contact Rose Bracken, Payroll Manager.

Return to Payroll Newsletter - Winter 2017