Welcome to the Summer 2023 edition of THE TREASURY HUB Banking Markets Bulletin.
- As has been the case for most of this year, inflation and its impact on interest rate trends continues to dominate commentary. Central Banks have maintained their tightening actions across the board but the pace is abating and the US looks like it may now have peaked.
- 3-month Euribor continues to climb in line with ECB Base Rates and is now above 3.75%. The last time that it was at this level was in 2008.
- EUR, UK and US yield curves are all inverted after 1 year now suggesting the rate peak is close.
- Oil prices are holding up despite worries over economic and trade slowdowns.
- GBP has strengthened over the Summer.
- Stock markets, with the exception of the UK, are having a good year after a poor 2022.
Please get in touch with our Corporate Finance team if we can be of any assistance.
- The Treasury Hub - Banking and Treasury Report Summer 2023 can be downloaded here.
For any queries relating to this newsletter, please contact Jennifer Brennan, Corporate Finance Director.